Thursday, November 27, 2008

turkey sluts

This holiday was one of the best, tension and stress free holidays that i have ever had. While my family headed off to Massachusetts to eat turkey with some loud and obnoxious Moscone's, Justin and I stayed home and made our own Thanksgiving. We had planned on getting chinese take out but to our surprise (not really) the chinese place was closed. Thank god for plan B (not the morning after pill). We made some delicious salmon with this amazing hot raspberry sauce, wild rice, spicy broccoli, mushrooms, and pan seared shrimp. Ohh my goodness it was so good. Honestly it was probably the best thing I have ever eaten. It was fun cooking and knowing that no one would scream at us if we made a mess. We laughed all day. This was the first holiday that I really realized and got to see how the whole "holiday happiness" thing comes from and has a lot to do with the people who surround you. People really have no idea how tense my house is around the holidays (or any day for that matter) when my mom and dad are here. It's horrible, no one can relax. I don't understand how people can be so ready to fight all the time. Having Justin in my family keeps me sane. He's really the only one I actually like. I guess if I'm thankful for anything on this day it would be that I have him in my family. I'm also thankful for anyone else who is in my life that i love and who keeps me going.

No comments: